Pages

Wednesday 20 November 2013

Egg counting and Balance for Mathematics

My little one enjoys counting. Hence, I drew a set of bird-nest with some numbers (not in any particular order) written beside. I asked her to count and put the eggs (made of APF dough) in the nest. Within few minutes she finished it.  


Then, I made a balance to teach my kid about greater than, less than, equal to, addition and subtraction.  The balance was made using the available pain balm lids, ice cream sticks and a piece of thick sheet. After many trial and errors, I came up with a perfect balance.  Generally, my little one likes to play with the coloured pastas I made. It worked out very well.  She put pastas in both sides to balance it.





For the initial level I used only small numbers (The balance is also small). 




No comments:

Post a Comment